Tuesday 23 July 2013

Time Travel

Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford Canal

We've arrived back to the place we started out from. When we left, there was snow on the ground and my p-mails were frozen within minutes of being posted. Now that we are back, its raining and there is thunder and lightning, which doesn't really bother me, but Dads a bit worried about being zapped on his shiney bald-spot, (or solar-panel as he calls it).

Anyway, as soon as we got back, my mate Harley the Springer Spaniel, who had obviously missed me, made himself at home by coming onto the boat and clearing my food-bowl.....twice!!   He even hoovered-up all of my spare biscuits that had gone under the kitchen units and behind the cooker that I kept for those moments when I felt snacky in the night.....

Although I was a bit miffed, Mum said that the sharing of food is the sign of true friendship, but I don't think that sharing was uppermost in Harleys mind, and true friendship wears thin when night-starvation sets in......

Sometimes, when I appear to be asleep, I'm really listening in to conversations that are going on around me, listening out for key-words like 'Vets', 'Chicken' and 'Walk'. Anyway, Mum and Dad were talking to some people about our latest trip, when these people said how strange it was that it had taken us 4 months to get from Stratford to London, when we could have driven there in a couple of hours..............A COUPLE OF HOURS !!!!!....are you kidding me??  I've been stuck on this boat for 4 months, I've been tied up outside pubs, been dribbled on by Rotties, growled at by Staffies with tattoos, been shouted at by kite-flyers, taunted by sheep and disrespected by ducks...............all to get to London when we could have got there and back in a day!!!!!!
Mum tried to calm me down.....she said that a chap once wrote 'It is not about the destination, it is about the journey'. Well, all  I can say is that the destination wasn't all that good, and the journey took so long that when I got back, I had to forfeit my biscuit stash to a Spaniel......I bet that chap never thought about that when he wrote his book......

I'm going to lie on my bed and stare at flies on the ceiling for a bit.....

xx Beau





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments on Beau's adventures.