Monday 27 May 2013

Hackney Marshes, River Lee Navigation

I'm in heaven........last week there wasn't any grass anywhere, and yesterday, Dad parked the boat by some trees, and behind the trees we found a huge field with about 20 football pitches on it.

Speaking to the local people, as you do, we found out that this place is called 'Ecknee Mawchezz', and is famous for being where Beckham started out before getting famous.
I've done it the other way round, I'm already famous and I've just popped in for a few days......

Went over to the pitches today for a quick kick about with Dad, or rather with the football... Dad just gets invited in case the ball goes into the long grass and I can't find it. Anyway, there we were having fun when out of the corner of my eye, there's this huge kite thing that seems to be dragging a man along the grass and into the air. So without regard to my own safety, I run across this huge field and with one of my best jumps, just manage to drag the kite to the ground, probably saving the mans life.............Do I get thanks? Oh no.... he starts shouting at me to leave it alone, and tells Dad that it cost him over £100..........

I learnt a couple of things from this.......people round here are a thankless bunch, and are willing to spend a lot of money to get themselves killed.

I'm going back to my football.

xx Beau


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments on Beau's adventures.